Jones Healthcare Group Establishes Protocols, Plans in Response to COVID-19
Jones Healthcare Group has been following the situation around coronavirus (COVID-19) very closely. While the Public Health Agency of Canada has classified the public health risk of COVID-19 in Canada as low, there has been a rapid increase in the number of cases reported across the world.
First and foremost, the health and well-being of our colleagues and stakeholders is our top priority. We have created a COVID-19 leadership team that meets on a regular basis and operates a dedicated communication channel for daily updates and breaking news to ensure timely actions across the business. While we will continue to monitor this fluid situation and respond as new information becomes available, the company has already taken a series of precautionary steps as a result of the emerging public health impact, outlined below.
Colleague and Stakeholder Safety
To promote colleague and stakeholder safety, we have launched the following in accordance with World Health Organization and Ontario Ministry of Health recommendations:
- Facility visitor health screening protocols
- Work travel limitations
- Vacation advisories outlining health risks, resources and protocols
- Proper sanitation procedures and best practices to help prevent spread of the virus
We have completed an audit of supply chain risk points across our three operating business units: Pharmacy & Medication Adherence, Cartons & Labels and Packaging Services. This includes establishing:
- Redundancy plans and alternative supply sources to protect supply of potential at-risk product
- Buying forward inventory as necessary
- Freight disruption mitigation for our global clients
If you have questions regarding our COVID-19 precautionary measures, please contact Christine Jones Harris, Principal, Corporate Development at Chris.Harris@JonesHealthcareGroup.com.