5 Key Blister Packaging Services Features You Need For Pharmaceuticals and Nutraceuticals
When considering blister packaging for your prescription drug, over-the-counter medication or nutraceutical, multiple material options, flexible formats and package designs are key to delivering value for your patients and consumers.
You need to provide a product that is easy to use, safe and compliant with healthcare regulations. And, you need a packaging partner who brings new packaging innovations and supply chain agility to advance your business.
This means your packaging provider should be able to:
- Package multiple products into one blister for complex dosing requirements. These are known as multi-product blisters
- Insert multiple different blisters into the same carton for maximum packaging flexibility. These are known as multi-product cartons
- Provide multiple carton closure options such as reverse-tuck, airplane-tuck and glued formats to promote product security
- Offer a full range of forming and lidding films including PVC, Aclar, Alu+Alu
- Serialize and aggregate your prescription drug products as required to comply with the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA)
Check out more on our integrated Uhlmann blister packaging line in the video below. You’ll soon discover how we can improve your packaging supply chain with these five key features – all within a Health Canada and FDA-registered facility servicing North America.
For more on our range of filling services and how Jones Healthcare can advance your business, visit our packaging services page.